Pancreatic Cancer Patient Dies After Being Set on Fire During Surgery

A cancer patient in Romania has died after they were set on fire during an operation, BBC News reports.

The 66-year-old woman, who had pancreatic cancer, was undergoing a procedure for the cancer at the time. Surgeons reportedly used an alcohol-based disinfectant on the woman, but then also used an electric scalpel.

When the scalpel made contact with the alcohol, it lit much of the woman’s body on fire, causing serious burns to 40% of her body. She later died due to her injuries.

Police have opened an investigation into the woman’s death, according to local media outlets.

Source: Cancer patient set on fire during operation in Romania – BBC News

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: