North Carolina Woman Hooked up to Oxygen Killed While Smoking

A 61-year-old North Carolina woman was killed when she smoked while hooked up to an oxygen tank, according to fire officials.

Belinda Coble was smoking a cigarette Tuesday as she was hooked up to oxygen at her home in Zebulon, North Carolina, WNCN-TV reported.
The cigarette caused her oxygen tank to ignite, which resulted in an explosion, authorities said.

Her husband was asleep when the incident occurred, but called 911 when the blast and the smoke alarm woke him. He then attempted to put out the fire. Coble was pronounced dead when authorities arrived to the scene.

Source: Nash County woman dies after cigarette ignites oxygen tank, causing explosion | CBS 17

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: