Arkansas Toddler Dies in House Fire Trying to Rescue Family Dog

A 23-month-old Arkansas toddler died after he ran back into a burning house to rescue the family dog, police said.

Loki Sharp died Saturday after he went into his family’s home in Gentry, Arkansas, to look for a dog which was trapped in a house fire, the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported.

Officials said the fire started while the family was home, but not inside and that toddler got separated from his parents while they called for help and tried to put out the fire.

They believe that’s when the boy went inside the house to look for the family dog. The fire is still under investigation. Officials believe it was an electrical fire caused by an overloaded circuit.

Source: Toddler dies in fire near Gentry

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: