BREAKING: British Police Respond to Incident on London Bridge

UPDATE: The suspect in the London Bridge attack has been identified as 28-year-old Usman Khan, who had previously been convicted of a terrorism offense, according to BBC News.


Two people have died after a man began stabbing pedestrians near the London Bridge in the U.K., the BBC reported. Three others were injured.

The Metropolitan police said the circumstances are not clear but that the incident was being treated “as though it is terror-related”.

Police were called to a stabbing at an area near the bridge shortly before 2 p.m. on Friday.

Videos posted on social media showed armed officers pulling civilians off a person lying on the ground on the bridge before shooting him.

Police confirmed that five people had been injured in the attack. The tube station was closed off as the investigation continued.

London ambulance service said it had declared a major incident and had a number of crews at the scene.

A video appears to show members of the public tackling a man on London Bridge before police intervened. Police pulled people off the man and then appeared to shoot him.

It is being reported that the man who was arrested had previously been “released from jail for terror offenses,” according to CNN.

Source: London Bridge sealed off amid reports of gunfire - BBC News

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: