A man from China’s Zhejiang province had 700 tapeworms removed from his brain, chest, and lungs after complaining of frequent painful headaches. The tapeworms developed after he ate undercooked pork.
According to One India News, Zhu Zhong-fa,43, suffered from headaches and seizures for a month. After being taken to a local hospital for treatment, a CAT scan found that Zhong-fa had 700 tapeworms in his brain, chest, and lungs. Dr. Wang Jian-rong said the worms have caused major damage to the man’s organs.
Zhong-fa told doctors that he ate pork last month and believed that he cooked it properly. Dr.Wang said that eating undercooked meats can lead to serious health problems.
“If it’s undercooked, the tapeworm eggs will stay alive when ingested. And if you have had the uncooked meat, there’s a chance that the tapeworms can travel through the body and inflict different diseases.”