A toilet inside a home in Port Charlotte, Florida, reportedly exploded over the weekend after lightning struck the septic tank.
The woman who owns the home says that she heard a loud explosion Sunday and rushed to her bathroom, only to find her toilet thrown apart into hundreds of pieces. The strike caused an ignition of methane vapors in the septic tank, which prompted the destruction of the septic tank, toilet, and the home’s indoor plumbing.
Damage is visible inside and out of the home, with a master bedroom window shattered and some lawn ornaments in a yard across the street. No injuries were reported.