Multiple people have been hospitalized after a pecan plant was evacuated in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
Emergency crews were called to the scene after at least four people reportedly were in distress. Upon arriving, crews discovered that two of the victims were unable to move and evacuated the building. Four people were transported to the hospital from the pecan plant.
Initially crews believed that cleaning chemicals were causing the problem, but it was quickly discovered that gas power washers were being used inside of the building, which led to a carbon monoxide buildup. A Hazmat team was able to clear the air inside the building and remove the washers after it was evacuated.
Get the latest on this and other breaking news stories with our FREE breaking news email newsletter. Sign up here.