Dozens of Children Hospitalized After Eating Valentine’s Day Candy

Nearly 30 Georgia middle school students were sent to the hospital Thursday after ingesting Valentine’s Day candy that reportedly left them feeling “nauseated and disoriented,” school officials said.

Officials from Atlanta’s Sandtown Middle School alerted paramedics Thursday morning that several students had complained of feeling ill after eating Valentine’s Day candy and snacks, according to Susan Romanick, a district spokeswoman. The students were evaluated and sent to area hospitals. By the afternoon, the number of sick students had grown to 28. It was not immediately clear if the Valentine’s Day candy had caused the students’ sickness.

Source: Nearly 30 students hospitalized after eating Valentine’s Day treats at middle school

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: