A man in Altoona, Pennsylvania, has been charged with arson after a house fire was sparked by him throwing a cigarette into a gas-filled toilet.
Police say 38-year-old Michael Miller was trying to take a woman’s car after they were in an argument about his drinking habits. At this time, she took the container of gas she uses to start the car and poured it into the toilet to keep him from taking the vehicle.
The woman then told police that Miller threw a lit cigarette into the toilet, causing it to burst into flames and quickly spread. Miller has since stated that he did not know there was gasoline inside the toilet at the time.
His charges include arson, risking catastrophe and recklessly endangering another person.