A toddler is thankfully alive after they consumed multiple heroin baggies that were left next to the child’s passed out mother.
Police in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania, say the child ate the heroin and possibly fentanyl, before being rushed to the hospital by his father. He was discovered unconscious by the father next to his mother, who may have been high at the time.
Narcan was administered at the hospital, saving the toddler’s life. Police say the father admitted to using five bags of fentanyl the night before. They added that they are preparing to charge the mother.