0 Shares
Loading...

American Airlines says a passenger’s electronic cigarette caused a small fire on a flight from Las Vegas to Chicago on Friday. American Airlines says the e-cigarette’s battery overheated shortly after Flight 168 landed. The flight attendants stamped out the fire. No one was injured. The 138 passengers and crew of six taxied to a gate.

The U.S. Transportation Department has banned e-cigarettes from checked bags because of the potential for them to catch fire. Passengers may put them in carry-on bags, but cannot use them.

Source: E-cigarette ignites fire on flight from Las Vegas to Chicago | Las Vegas Review-Journal

[wordads]
0 Shares

Leave a Reply