A 2-year-old has been hospitalized after he fell into the rhinoceros exhibit at the Brevard Zoo in Melbourne, Florida, according to local media.
The incident occurred during a hands-on exhibit where “visitors can brush the rhinos with two-foot-long brushes.
The child fell between poles separating the people from the rhinos and “made contact with the rhino’s snout.”
The child was airlifted to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children. The child’s mother, who hurt her arm in the incident, also was taken to the hospital.