A Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, mother was charged Friday after police discovered her daughter died after ingesting a drink tainted with fentanyl in a sippy cup.
Jhenea Pratt, 23, was arrested and charged with homicide and engendering the welfare of a child following the death of her daughter, Charlette Napper-Talley, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. Police officers discovered the 17-month-old girl not breathing in April at Pratt’s apartment.
A pink sippy cup with a red liquid was discovered on the toddler’s bed. The child was taken to the hospital where she later died. Authorities conducted tests and found fentanyl was in Charlette’s blood and on the sippy cup. On Friday, her death was ruled a homicide due to fentanyl poisoning.