Disneyland Accidentally Poisons Nearly Two Dozen Pool Guests

Nearly two dozen people were overcome by noxious fumes at a Disneyland Paris hotel when sulfuric acid and bleach were inadvertently poured into the water.

At least 22 guests had to be treated for breathing problems and nausea at the Hotel New York on Aug. 17, reported Le Parisian. Mixed together, the harmful chemicals create chlorine gas, which if inhaled, can cause severe health problems, including chest pain, coughing, upper airway swelling and headaches.

Four guests were transported to a local hospital as emergency personnel evacuated the pool vicinity and first-floor rooms as fumes emerged from the water.

Source: Disneyland Paris accidentally poisoned 22 guests and staff in its swimming pool with harmful chemicals

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: