Firefighters Respond to Fires Caused by the Spontaneous Combustion of Tortilla Chips

Firefighters in Austin, Texas, have responded to two fires in the past week that were caused by the spontaneous combustion of tortilla chips.

In a Facebook post, Austin Fire detailed the incident, saying that the fire started after the company was trying out a new blend of chips that “didn’t work out so well.” After responding to the original fire, fire crews were again called back to the same factory three days later, dousing any remaining boxes of the chips.

No structures were damaged in the fires, but the product was all lost.

Source: Austin firefighters respond to blazes caused by spontaneous combustion of tortilla chips | KEYE

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: