New York state officials say the owner of an air conditioning company poisoned a family with potentially deadly mercury because he was tired of their complaints.
The Queens District Attorney’s Office says A+HVAC and Kitchen Corporation owner Yuriy Kruk was hired by Roman Pinkhasov to perform air conditioning work in a Queens home. The victim told officials he complained several times about a malfunctioning cooling unit, which Kruk replaced in 2015.
Pinkhasov’s wife told authorities she later found drops of what was identified as liquid mercury in the areas where Kruk performed work. The couple and their son all later tested positive for mercury poisoning. Kruk was indicted Thursday morning on multiple charges.