A father of two in the UK bit his fingernail which caused him to get a severe infection.

Luke Hanoman, 28, started feeling unwell shortly after biting the skin on the side of his nail. For a week he had flu-like symptoms while the infection was spreading through his blood.

Hanoman, from Birkdale, Southport, 200 miles northwest of London, was eventually rushed to the hospital where he spent four days under 24-hour observation and was told he was “lucky to be alive” by doctors. “I used to bite my nails all the time. It was a nervous thing,” he said. “And one day I bit the skin down the side of my nail. It hurt a bit but I didn’t think anything of it.

“I was in work throughout the week and started to get flu-like symptoms, which were gradually getting worse. I had cold sweats, I was shaking, and then going hot. And then my finger started swelling up and I had this unbearable throbbing.” Sepsis occurs as a result of an infection in the body. The body’s immune system goes into overdrive and begins to attack itself, causing healthy tissue and organs to shut down.

Source: Dad nearly dies from biting his fingernails

Thank you to our sponsors: (Best Amazon Deals, January Gray, Movie Awards Plus, CentralOhioUFOReportingCenter, Bill). To become a sponsor for as little as $3 a month, click here.


Leave a Reply