President Trump‘s attorney Michael Cohen on Tuesday filed a motion to dismiss a defamation lawsuit by adult film star Stormy Daniels who claims the president defamed her by denying an alleged 2006 affair.
The court filing, says Daniels’s defamation claim is nothing more than an attempt to keep the dispute in court and the media rather than move to private arbitration proceedings.
Cohen’s filing comes a day after FBI agents raided his offices to obtain documents related to Daniels and other matters, including some communications with Trump. Investigators took documents related to Cohen’s $130,000 payment to Daniels, a payment he admits to making weeks before the 2016 election as part of a nondisclosure agreement.
- BREAKING: Multiple Children Dead After Being Found Inside a Freezer at Florida Home
- Man Treated in Hospital After Injecting Himself with Own Semen
- Teen Who Sold His Kidney for an iPhone is Now Bedridden for Life
- BREAKING: Several Buildings Evacuated in Downtown Las Vegas
- Florida Man Arrested After Threatening to “Kill ’em with Kindness” Before Attacking Neighbors Using a Machete with “Kindness” Written on it