In a tweer Sunday morning, President Trump on Sunday accused former FBI Director James Comey of lying under oath during questioning about anonymous sources.
Wow, watch Comey lie under oath to Senator G when asked “have you ever been an anonymous source…or known someone else to be an anonymous source…?” He said strongly “never, no.” He lied as shown clearly on @foxandfriends.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 18, 2018
Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Friday that he fired McCabe, accusing him of leaking information to the media and deceiving congressional investigators.
Trump fired Comey last May in a move that triggered the appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller into Russian election meddling and possible ties between the Trump campaign and Moscow. Comey told a Senate panel last year that shortly after he was dismissed, he authorized “a close friend” to leak the contents of a memo to the press in order to prompt a special counsel investigation.
“I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter,” Comey said. “I didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons but I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”
- BREAKING: Multiple People Reportedly Shot Dead in Kent County, Michigan
- BREAKING: Multiple People Shot at Houston Dunkin’ Donuts
- Man Killed After Multiple Port-a-Potties Burst Into Flames
- Florida Man Accused of Sexually Assaulting Dog While Dressed as a Dog
- BREAKING: Police Investigating Reported Shooting at Uta Halee Academy in Nebraska