An Australian tourist with a confirmed case of the measles visited several hotels, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and health facilities in the New York City and some northern suburbs.
The Department of health said, Anyone who might have been near the visitor between Feb. 16 and 21 could have been infected and should see a doctor if they develop symptoms. Symptoms of measles include a rash, cough, fever and “pink eye.’’ The symptoms usually show up within 10 to 12 days after the exposure.
According to the New York Post, the tourist visited the following locations:
- La Quinta Inn on W. 71 St.
- Oasis Bible tours at the Met.
- Watchtower Center, Patterson, NY.
- Best Western Hotel, Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn.
- Comfort Inn and Suites in Goshen and Middletown, NY.
- Excel Urgent Care, Goshen.
- Orange Regional Medical Center, Middletown.