NBC New York reports that at least 5 people have been shot in downtown Manhattan after a gunman opened fire on pedestrians.
PIX 11 also reports that a rented Home Depot truck was used to run into people in the same incident.
- Manhattan is in gridlock after police have shut down all streets surrounding the area. PIX11 reports that two are dead, and 5 others are injured. The suspect was shot by police and is in custody. (4:03 p.m. ET)
- AP reports that the incident was a motorist drove onto bike path near World Trade Center, hit people, fired what appeared to be gun. (4:06 p.m. ET)
- The incident may have been associated with road rage, but terrorism has not yet been ruled out by police. (4:11 p.m. ET)
- WNBC reports that there are 6 dead and 15 injured.
- The man came out of the truck displaying imitation firearms, and was promptly shot by police and taken into custody, per NYPD. (4:31 p.m. ET)
- Reuters is reporting that law enforcement are treating this incident as a terrorist attack.
- CNN and CBS, among others, are reporting that witness have told the authorities that the man shouted “Allahu Akbar” after getting out of the truck. (4:58 p.m. ET)
- NYC Mayor calls this “a particularly cowardly act of terror.” The death toll has now risen to 8. (5:26 p.m. ET)
- President Donald Trump has tweeted out, calling the attacker a “very sick and deranged person.” and followed it up by saying ” NOT IN THE U.S.A!”
- ABC has identified the man as 29 year-old Sayfullo Saipov from Tampa, Florida. (5:46 p.m. ET)
- AP reports that Federal prosecutors have filed terrorism charges against Sayfullo Saipov. (11/1 5:06 p.m. ET)
- NBC News reports that the FBI is seeking information on Mukhammadzoir Kadirov. He is from Uzbekistan, 36 years old, brown eyes, and black hair. (11/1 5:18 p.m. ET)
- CBS reports that the FBI has found the second suspect in the case that they were looking for. (11/1 6:09 p.m. ET)
THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED AS MORE INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.
In NYC, looks like another attack by a very sick and deranged person. Law enforcement is following this closely. NOT IN THE U.S.A.!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 31, 2017
AlBoeNEWS has launched a breaking news SMS service where our team responds to every question. For more information, click here.[wordads]