Here’s what we’ve been following today on the newly relaunched AlBoeNEWS.com:
- Former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn has offered to be interviewed in the probe of the Trump team’s Russia ties in exchange for immunity, according to the Wall Street Journal.
- President Donald Trump’s administration has appealed a Hawaii federal judge’s ruling blocking Trump’s revised travel ban, according to the Associated Press.
- Two Democrats, one from West Virginia and one from North Dakota, have said they will vote in favor of confirming Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch, according to the New York Times.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping will travel to the United States to meet with Donald Trump next week, according to CNN and Xinhua. The meeting, which will be the first between the two leaders, will take place at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort. Trump has previously stated that he would like to speak with the Chinese leader about their need to rein in North Korea as the nuclear threat grows stronger.
- At least four people have been killed in a mass shooting at a restaurant in Chicago, according to NBC News. Two men were found dead inside the restaurant, a victim dead outside, and another dead across the street. The shooting took place nearby where a pregnant woman was also found dead. It is not clear if the suspect is in custody or if they are on the loose.
- Officials are saying at least 13 people are dead and a further two are injured after a church bus was involved in a head-on collision with a pickup truck in Concan, Texas. The bus was carrying mostly seniors who were returning from a church retreat. Authorities say the driver of the pickup truck was at fault in the incident, according to CBS6 Albany.
- An Oregon man who brought a bear cub that was near death to a wildlife center will not face charges, officials say. Corey Hancock was facing charges under a law that makes it “illegal in Oregon to capture or keep wildlife in captivity.” A conviction on charges could have led to a maximum of one year in jail and a large fine. Instead, Hancock has received a warning, according to ABC News.
- Two arrests have been made in connection with a mass shooting that killed one person and injured another 16 over the weekend in Cincinnati, Ohio, according to local media. The announcement was officially made during a press conference at 5:30 p.m. ET Thursday afternoon.
- A fatal shooting has reportedly taken place at the New Jersey Turnpike rest stop in Cranbury, New Jersey, police say. The incident was reportedly a police-involved shooting with the suspect being killed and the officer left uninjured, according to NBC News. The officer was taken to the hospital as a precaution. Authorities, including the department tasked with investigating officer-involved shootings, are at the scene of the incident, which occurred at about 3 p.m. ET, according to ABC.
- A construction worker has been severely injured after falling from a scaffolding in Miami Beach, Florida, according to NBC News. The incident occurred while the man was working on the seventh floor of a building. The victim has been rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
- McDonald’s has announced plans to stop using frozen beef, and instead use fresh beef, in their quarter-pounder hamburgers, according to USA Today. The change is expected to go into effect next year.